So, I traced one of the Burda pants patterns, and cut out my pieces.
Hmm, I thought, they look awfully large. And that's where I should have stopped. But oh no, I kept going.
Sewing the legs together, attaching an adjustable waist band, adding the back pockets, hemming.
Hmm, I thought, they look kind of wide and short. Maybe it's the style. I finished them and once Eli came I was excited for him to try them on. Well, they were humongous, I could have fit two boys into them, maybe even three skinny ones. Sagging pants was not the look I was going for. Sigh. I don't know what went wrong. I blame the new baby and the sleepless nights. I am pretty sure I accidentally traced Bermuda shorts, one of the options, in a gigantic size. Seriously. I was way to lazy to rip the seams and start over, so I took them in in the back. It somewhat helped. They are still wide and almost a bit too short. The elastic in the back certainly helps the matter.
However, Eli loves them. I don't blame him. They are essentially pajama pants.